Part-time Social Media Manager wanted
One of the things about owning a couple websites is that the amount of time it take to manage those websites seems to increase exponentially with the acquisition or creation of each new one. In January 2010 we started our first travel blog – http://ourtravellifestyle.com. It started of with just a couple of articles. After almost a year of travelling with my family I decided that one wasn’t enough. What I needed to do was to built a website exclusively for long-term travelling families focusing on the challenges of travelling full-time with small or big children in tow. Which I did at http://vagabondfamily.org. Then September 2011 rolled around and the opportunity to be apart of this fabulous website cropped up and I knew I wanted to be involved.
The consequence of the growth of our website portfolio and my continuing contract work as a web developer means that I am currently spread pretty thin. Across the three website we have over 5000 twitter followers, almost 2000 facebook friends and group members. These are people who are interested in the things that are happening in the world of travel, digital nomadism and long-term travel (with or without a family) but I just haven’t been able to provide the information or time that is needed to nurture this side of the websites.
Social Media Manager Wanted
In an attempt to turn this around I am looking for a part-time social media manager. The pay won’t be great straight away, initially around $150/month, but as you prove yourself and targets are hit we can renegotiate the payment.
Now, you won’t be able to travel full-time on this amount, but it might just give you a little more freedom if you are currently starting your own blog or trying to monetise it.
- to create in conjunction with me a social media strategy for the three separate website (nunomad.com, vagabondfamily.org, ourtravellifestyle.com)
- maintain the presence of these 3 websites on both twitter & facebook
- create and run specific social media campaigns like competitions or other initatives that we decide upon in the development of the social media strategy.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position there are a couple of requirements.
- Take a look at the websites (particularly this page and this page) to help familiarise yourself with what we are doing and why we’re doing it.
- Send me an email (ccburns [at] gmail [dot] com) outlining one simple strategy you would immediately implement for each of the websites. It does not need to be a complex analysis of the intention behind the development of the internet, but just a simple idea to increase audience engagement.
- Please also include your twitter account and Facebook account.
I don’t really know what the response to this part-time position will be, so I can’t promise anything in terms of timeframes etc, but I can promise that if you email me with the above requirements I will respond to you within 24 hours (I am going to be travelling through Sri Lanka for the next 3 weeks so not 100% certain how much internet access I will have) to let you know that I have received your “application”.
If you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to answer them all in public on this post.